Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Just Another Day

Woke up at 6:10 a.m. with Allie laying across my feet.  I can hear Sam in the shower.  Walk upstairs to the kitchen and fix a cup of coffee, then checked my e-mail message.  Found Ashley's Africa journal (see below).  Read it and left a comment; then added a link from my journal to her's.  Sam left for work at 6:25 a.m. and I got ready for work.  Arrived at the office a few minutes before 8:00 and worked on various projects through the morning.
At lunch I drove to Sherwin Williams to order the Tuscany wallpaper for the kitchen, but the sample book has been checked out and won't be returned until February 2.  We need the book to determine how much paper to order because of the 21" repeat in the pattern.  In the mean time I can start removing the "current" wallpaper...it's amost 20 years old.  
Ate lunch at Dairy Queen--the Ultimate Burger meal--was definitely not ultimate.  Someday I'm going to learn to stick with salads and wraps.  Back to work for a 1:00 meeting with Chris K from Orofino to get the paperwork started to close-out one of the grants.  I really try to give everyone a fair shake, but Chris K has stomped on common courtesy too many times, so the meeting between us was tense.  She's been with us just under two years and it's her way, or the highway.  Makes me wonder how in the world I ever got along for seven years without her.  How did I do it?
The afternoon dragged by and I left a little early.  Came home, neither Sam nor I are really hungry tonight, so we just had salads.  Seeing Ashley's journal reminded me that I've been wanting to scan the photos I took at the Judds concert in 1988.  So I got that done tonight and uploaded the pics to Webshots.
And now it's time for a nice hot bubble bath.

~~Find the gift of life in everyday.~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see the George Foreman on the counter! Gotta love that appliance!

Anonymous said...

You know it!  It makes the best quesadilla's!!!!!  And I love quesadilla's!!!!!