Monday, February 14, 2005

Cookies and coffee grounds

Yesterday I baked some chocolate heart cookies for Amy's 1st and 2nd grade students. 


 Had a couple cookies break on me when they were hot, and my chocolate drizzling really fizzled.  But the cookies are...very yummy.  Took the cookies to Amy's last night.  She and baby are doing well...mama's a bit grumpy but that's to be expected.  She's so long in the torso it's hard to believe she's starting her seventh month.  People keep telling her she should be bigger, but the doc assured her all is well--the baby just has room to stretch out, that's all.  Funny thing, one of Sam's nicknames for Amy has always been Stretchy...he's been calling her that since she was 14 years old.

First thing this morning I was faced with a challenge...before I had my first cup of coffee.  In order to have my coffee, I need the coffee maker.  Said coffee maker was buried behind the kitchen table, which is now conveniently located in the the living room. Hmmmm, there is something to be said for planning ahead.  So after laying across the table and stretccccching behind one of the chairs, I latch onto the filter basket and pull the coffee maker up.  However the basket, being designed to swivel, does just what it's supposed to do, and disengages itself from the machine before I can grab it with my other hand. You know how sometimes, you see things move in slow motion?  Well, I saved the rest of the coffee machine from falling onto the fireplace bricks.  But apparently I didn't empty the filter from the last brewing session and I watch in horror as those lovely dark brown grounds slowly slide out of the basket downwards toward the carpet.  Luck was on my side tho, because I moved quickly and the coffee grounds landed right on the edge of the table.  I mean right on the EDGE!!!!  Wheeewwww!  Man, I never had to work that hard for a cup of coffee.

Fortunately, the rest of the day went well.  In fact, the wallpaper came in and I picked it up on the way home.  I can't wait to get this job finished.  Half of my kitchen is in the living room, andnaturally it's the half I use all the time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm ... the cookies look great!
    *** Coy ***

http://journals.aol.com/coy1234787/Dancingintherain

Anonymous said...

oh you poor thing. So glad I don't drink coffee suddenly!! judi

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look wonderful!  Wonderful!  Wonderful! That drizzling! :: throwing both hands in the air ::  Beautiful!  ART!  Not all samey samey perfect.

Anonymous said...

ohh...I'm hungry now!!!  :-)

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl  

Anonymous said...

WOW! Betty Crocker move over! Those are beautiful! Can you bring some to the cabin? Now, is the coffee maker behind the table because of the wallpaper going on? Cause I was just thinking...the kitchen might be a handier spot for it. LOL! LOve you Mag!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's exactly why the kitchen table and chairs are in the living room.  After a bit of a delay, we got started again today.  Picked out the paint for the trim.

Anonymous said...

and you are going to bring some of those cookies to the cabin right???

Anonymous said...

With the proper persuation I could be compelled to bake some just before the trip.  They are very yummy, and are perfect with coffee.