Friday, February 25, 2005

For Giving Souls

AOL Music: Enya: 'Only Time'
Last month I bought this calendar; it was one of those impulse buys.  I went to Hastings to purchase a specific book, but I tend to wander once I get inside.  Something just overtakes me...I think it's the power of being totally surrounded by all those written words.
Any other time when I shop, I want to get what I want and then get out.  Except in book stores.  I've never been able to walk into a book store, make a bee line to my intended desire, get it, then leave.   I wander slowly between the aisles, occasionally reaching out to allow my fingertips to softly pass over the multitude of standing spines...almost like a caress.  Sometimes I find a treasure.  Such as on that day.
NOTE: The original photo that accompanied this entry got lost in the transition from AOL Journals and Blogspot. As is the case with many images I embedded in my entries. :::sigh::: This image of a 2008 calendar was all I could find to replace the original. 

During my wandering I found myself standing at the calendar rack, all marked down for immediate clearance.  It was there I found a new treasure, one I keep on my desk at work...to remind me...to center me...to touch me.

Each day brings a new passage.  For me, words to live by.  I've included some of those words at the end of some earlier entries.  But I've decided that these words are far too special for an occasional inclusion.  They belong on a daily basis.  They deserve to be shared, with everyone. 

~~Life is full of promise.~~ 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lost in a bookstore?    Standing amongst the aisles...you feel like you've been softly caressed?.....  Surrounded in a sea of ideas....yes a warm spirit lingers there and calls you with its words.....for words is all it has, to take your heart away!
~~~~~~~~~Marc :)

Anonymous said...

Me too! Me too! <LOL> When we go in a bookstore, G. just says.. "Go on... find me when you are done!" <g> But it's no hardship for him as he loves bookstores too!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

I can spend hours in bookstores too!

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

Awww, Mark.  You always say just the right thing.  You sure your not a girl?  <g>

A & Jersey Girl - Book stores and libraries.  My home away from home.  Must be why the book sellers added the comfy chairs, coffee, and lounge like atmosphere.   :)