Friday, February 18, 2005

Home Sweet Home

We're back home.  They released Sam right after breakfast.  Arrived home about noon...telephone's been ringing off the hook since.  Amy and Kari stopped by for a reassurance visit.  On the surface they were okay, but underneath those cool exterior's they are both very worried and afraid.  Their fear surfaced as a minor exchange of bitter words between themselves, which only ended when Kari left in tears.  I followed her outside to her car; it took 45 minutes but she finally calmed down.  There is an ugly, stuck in the past dynamic between those two; hopefully Kari has a better understanding of that dynamic and how to effectively deal with it so she can have an adult relationship with Amy.  It will be a hard line to tow, but Kari want's it bad enough she is willing to work at it.  Time will tell.  I hope both of them reach the point where they can take this relationship to a better level, for both their sakes.  They both just need to put the past down so they can see the possibilities the future holds.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wise words. Glad that you are both back home. Have a good weekend.
God Bless.
TiasNme

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home. If you need anything, I mean anythng let me know! You can call day or night, am here if you need me! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your Sam is doing good and is back home.  My Dad had two severe heart attacks a year ago, and another, just a couple of weeks ago.  He's had seven stints placed in his arteries in the past few years, before any heart attack.  My Dad is much older than your Sam.  I understand the worry of such an ordeal.  I hope your Sam recovers well, he's so young!  Lots of life ahead of him.  My thoughts are with you and your Sam...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys could find humor in such a serious event in your lives.  I'm glad you've both made it home to recoupe.  Take care.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is good to be back home.   Boiseladie-sometimes its the humor in those little things that gets me through it.  Not to make light of Sam's condition, but he kept cracking jokes....I suppose it was his way of dealing with the situation.