Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Monday Photo Shoot #2

John Scalzi's newest assignment from 'By The Way' - Your Monday Photo Shoot #2: Meet the Computer! 

From the sublime to the every day -- our inaugural photo shoot had you spotlighting sunsets. For photo shoot #2, we're looking at something a little more down to earth:

Monday Photo Shoot #2: Your computer is a doorway to the entire world (at least the online parts of it). Show off your computer and its surrounding environment. Describe any interesting details.

My little port hole to the world.

1.  My laptop window to the world.

2.  Older desktop which I keep around for sentimental reasons only...and because it has a Yamaha CD burner.

3.  Hard Rock Cafe label pin collection from various locations including England, Mexico and Canada.  Have yet to get one from a United States location.  Hmmm.  I collect label pins and shot glasses everywhere I go. 

4.  Must have cable modem!

5.  Scanner used for scanning anything and just about everything.  Currently used to scan 35mm childhood photos of Amy and Kari for the scrapbooks I'm making for each of them.

6.  Altec Lansing subwoofer for computer.  :) 

7.  Home made Roman shades, which I was forced to make after a deep yet frustrating quest to find the perfect window covering for my space.  There are two windows in my room, and both are 60 inches wide.  Not the most economical size when you want custom made shades.  Besides, none of the custom mades were the right color, fabric, or pattern.  By making them myself, I had full control over everything, including cost!  :)  In fact, I ended up making window coverings for almost every room in the house after that.  :)  Just call me Suzy Homemaker.

8.  Bookcase for storing some of my scrapbook, floral, crotcheting, sewing and genealogy tools.  What you see is just the tip of the iceberg.

9.  Workspace covered with blank newsprint to protect desktop.  Think of it as a huge canvas, note pad, doddle pad, placemat, etc.  Current project for Amy's baby shower can be seen in process.

That's about it.  As you can see I have a lot of stuff.  The desk really is too big for the room as it takes up about 3/4 of the space, but hey, I like it, it works, so why fix it?

 

~~Time heals and love restores.~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing missing from that photo...is you! Without you...all the things you mentioned....are just things!   Get in there ..."man your battle station!"
have a great one! marc :)

Anonymous said...

wow, huge workspace!  looks good to me!  mine is up at the quizjournal
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/JerseyGirlQuizzes

~JerseyGirl