Tuesday, April 12, 2005

April Showers

Jimmy Buffett  : License to Chill  : Jimmy Buffett & Martina McBride, 'Trip Around the Sun'

Today it all day.  I won't complain, we need the rain.  No doubt we have another drought to look forward to this summer, ugh!  Better buy drought tolerant plants this year.

On a brighter note, I have these double daffodils, called 'Tahiti' and they bloomed the other day.  I just love them, they are different, but so colorful.  The tulips have just started to bloom, and if it isn't pouring rain tomorrow, I might get a shot of 'Ballade.'  It's a lovely tulip.  It's fluted, like a champagne glass.  Very, very bootyful.  :D

 










~~Blessed are those who give without remembering and take without forgetting. ~Elizabeth Bibesco~~

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need some desert plants?   I know Washington is part desert, what about Idaho?  I can't remember.   Wondering if our desert plants in NM are the same as in the northwest.   And we've been getting more moisture here than usual from the past few years.  But we need the rain too, so send it our way.  We need all we can get to truly help prevent the typical forest fires during the summers.   We already had a bosque fire last week.   Forest fires are our biggest problems in the southwest, not just california.  Hope you see some sunshine soon.  Take care ~kbear

Anonymous said...

how absolutely lovely!  i want some that pretty.....'cept i'd kill 'em just like i do all our other plants ;-)

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo :o)
It's been raining alot here too, I don't mind so long as I don't get caught in it on the way to picking J up from school!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ...  look forward to seeing the tulips!
          *** Coy ***


Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers.  I wish I had a green thumb but it just wasnt in the stars for me.  So I will admire those that can grow beatiful things.  Lots of Love, Nicki

Anonymous said...

That`s a gorgeous daffodil, I can`t wait to see the tulips now. :-)   Sandra xxx