Saturday, April 23, 2005

Good Times, These Are The Good Times

WOW!  I just glanced at the old visitor counter! 

Will it happen today...or tommorow, for my birthday?  It's anyone's guess.

I do have one request.  Visitor #5,000 please identify yourself...'k?  I just want to know.

Actually, I'm truly amazed.  Six months ago I started this journal with some hesitation.  I mean, who's going to read it?  Why would anyone be interested in my thoughts, and my day to day stuff?  In my ventures around J-Land I felt as if I'd stumbled onto a new land.  So much talent, so much to see and take in.  What would my contribution be?  Time held the answer to that question.  Looking back, I can see the change, how my journal has evolved.  But, I woudn't still be here if it wasn't for one thing, people.  And some very special people I have met along the way.

Robin.   Geraldine.   Diane (private).   Kelly.  Gaye.  Cat.  You have been with me since the beginning my friends.  Having you here made a difference, a huge difference.   More I can ever tell you.  Love you ladies.

And each day brings new surprises and new friends.  There are so many, Mary, Tressa, Marc, Karen, Nettie, Diane, Trisha, Elizabeth, Sara, Sandra, Judith, BoiseLadieLinda, Deborah...so many hearts and souls.  Angels.  Friends.  No doubt there will be more, and I know there are many 'silent' ones who quietly drop by.

Okay, I just saw a tree strut by my window.   All righty then.

AND

I just realized I've neglected my little weather character in several past entries.  Oh, I'm slipping.  Must be age related, temporary memory gaps.  So in case you were curious, yesterday is was .  We are talking a high of 78 degrees.  Highly irregular for April.  Seriously.  This weekend is the Dogwood Festival 'Art Under The Elms' and the Asotin County Fair and Rodeo.  It's April.  It always rains this weekend.  Always.  'Art Under The Elms' generally turns into mud under the elms, and the Asotin County Rodeo turns into mucking in the mud.  And then, there's the matter of my birthday.  In all the years I have lived here in the valley, it has always rained on my birthday.  As a teen it bummed me out...a little.  Then I heard someone say "April showers bring May flowers."  That is when I realized having rain on my birthday could lead to something really good...flowers.  I love flowers.  So, it just meant one of my birthday presents would come later, or bloom later.  I can get jiggy with that.

It's  right now, and looking out my window I do see some clouds.  Hmmm, well either way I'm heading out the door with my camera to take in some sights. 

Well, I'm getting long winded and we all know how...and there goes another tree by my window.  Hmmm, guess I'll be spending some time today at Art Under the Elms.

Oh, and the tulip 'Shirley' is up and open.  Photos to follow.  :)

Later...

 

~~Write your sorrows in dust, and your blessings in granite.~~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm happy you began this journal 6months ago or so.  You are an inspiration to me and my journal having those same thoughts about who would want to read it.  And your journal is always a pleasure to read with much joy, laughter and sometimes tears.  very heartfelt.   Thank you!~kbear

Anonymous said...

I`ve only recently started to read your journal and I have to say I will continue to do.  I love your style and of course, your love of shiny black labradors!  :-)

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Awww, you're welcome Dona--thank you, as well,  and I love you too :)  

As of this writing, I'm # 4960....only 40 to go  :)  I keep missing my big hit numbers.... I'm over 5000 now and I have no idea when it happened.  Must start paying better attention to that  ;)

Glad it is sunny for you  :)  Hopefully it will be tomorrow, too, so you can have a change of scenary on your birthday!

Can't wait to see what shots you take today :)

Hope it stays sunny for the Fest.....

Cat

Anonymous said...

Impressive - a six month anniversary and you counter is clicking away 5000 or more visits.  You know what they say, you've got the RIGHT STUFF.  Just keep sharing your sweet little self, who knows what will happen.  

Happy Birthday and all that stuff.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry

http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

5008!  Darn, so close!!!  Dona, you are a very talented writer. You held my attention since my very first visit to your journal months ago.  Your recent entry to Judi's Artsy Contest was riveting and so well written.  Congrats on your milestone, but more important... HAPPY BITRTHDAY!!!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Your counter is on the blink right now. No fair, I might be the 5,000th visitor...

Anonymous said...

Dona, I loved ur journal since day one, I'm very glad u decided to go ahead and start it. I could relate to u in so many freakish, funny, emotional ways.... I love it!! LOL.

Anonymous said...

May this day be filled with all the sweetness and joy your heart can hold!  Happy Birthday! (from your future 10,000th visitor!)   Marc :)