Saturday, April 16, 2005

When You Care Enough To...

Today it was a little bit of  this morning, with  this afternoon.

I love checking the mailbox each day.  Most of the time all I get is the same lot of usual suspects.  Junk, bills, catalogs.  But every now and thing, I get a nice surprise.  This week, I got two lovely surprises.  Cards.  A thinking of you card, and a thank you card.  Thinking of you from {{{{{{{Robin}}}}}}}.  Thank you from {{{{{{{Amy}}}}}}}.

 

Aww, Robin.  Thank you.  You are a special sweet heart.  What a pick me up.   And look, there's another butterfly!  They are everywhere!!! 

You rock, my friend.


It's little surprises like this that make my daily walk to the mail box so worth while.

And speaking of the blanket, I found the photo of Phoebe and my Mom.  Phoebe has a very special place in my heart, beyond the baby blanket.  Phoebe will always be my guardian angel.  She rescued me, my sister and my Mom from the hands of an wicked person.   It was Phoebe who got us out of a bad situation and put a roof over our heads.  It was Phoebe who stepped into action the minute she learned the woman we rented a room from was beating me and my sister while my mother worked.  Truly, a friend, and an angel.  My mother's friend, my special angel.

L-R: Phoebe, Mom, me, Lyn, Jim, Unknown male.

 

~~A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle.~~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what nice notes u got today! i love getting things like that also...but in this day and age with email they come not near as often...it sounds like the baby shower went really well...and that amy was speechless receiving your baby blanket...she sounds like she was so touched that u gave it to her...what a wonderful gift u gave to her...i can understand why she was so delighted receiving it...it ws an amazing thing u did...i hope u have a nice sunday and thanks for sharing your heartfelt notes!

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh,  I better use my good hand writing next time!!!!  I am glad you liked it, you are a good friend and I always want the best for you!!!!  Love you girl! Robin

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!  What a wonderful note you received from Amy about the baby blanket!  Sounds like the blanket will pass down to another generation with the same love and respect it started with.

Anonymous said...

We have letter boxes on our front doors, so whatever comes in the post just goes through the letter box straight into our houses.  Do your boxes have locks on them?  Nice to get such lovely notes :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I was sure Amy would just love the blanket.  She must feel very honoured and touched I`m sure.  :-)   Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

I know what she means though.  Even though you feel she is worthy but when you accept something so special it is hard to believe that you are worthy of it.  GOd Bless, Nicki