Friday, May 6, 2005

Names and such

UPDATE:

PEDIATRIANS REPORT: Baby is healthy with one exception, her hips are loose.  She screams like a banshee when getting her diaper changed, now we know why.  :(  :(  :(  Doc advised double diapering for two weeks to bring her hips in proper alignment.  If that doesn't work, she will be referred to orthopedic surgeon.

Oh yeah...she was born three days after my sister Chris' birthday, May 1, and three days before my Mom's birthday tomorrow, May 7.  How's that for timing?  Although yesterday we were noting how cool it would have been for her to be a Cinco de Mayo baby!!  ;)  But truth be told, it worked out perfectly.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

She has the most wonderful head of hair for a newborn!  :-)   Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

I love her (compromised) name!  I love original names and unusual spellings~yeah, I know I named my girl Grace, but her name is actually an anagram  :)

They used to use casts to keep the hips in place (they may still.... not sure).  The cast had a hole at the bottom for bodily functions.  The brace, if it is the same that I've seen, allows for more circulation, obviously, which is better.  The double diapering technique is the greatest though and hopefully it will do the trick!  I'll keep her in my prayers :)  

She is really beautiful, I just want to hold her and smell that new baby smell  :)

Funny how birthdays run like that sometimes, isn't it?!  My parents, Grace, and myself all have ours within a month's time ;)  

I know you're enjoying her...

Cat

Anonymous said...

she's adorable!   i'll keep her in my prayers for her hips   i hope the double diaper works!  and i like the compromise on the spelling   i was getting lost in the "L"s on the other spellings, lol   keep the photos coming!~kbear

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful.  I am sure that the hips will work themselves to the right position.  Big Hugs, Nicki

Anonymous said...

oh my, she is gorgeous!  and i think it's a lovely compromise on the name

Anonymous said...

Beautiful child, beautiful name, beautiful Grandma!  So happy for your family.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Would like to wish you and yours a very Happy Mother's Day! The first week of May, is a holiday in your family! LOL!    ~Deborah

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!

Congrats to you and your family.... =)

Anonymous said...

This is the happiest entry yet! I'm so glad that worked out, and no braces! God bless her!


Jimmy