Thursday, May 26, 2005

We Don't Dally...

Okay, so where did I leave off?  Hmmm, oh yeah, Georgia...Friday...me and Chris.

So, we leave The Huddle House and head to Augusta see Chris' hubby Vic at work to get moolah for Beth's graduation present, which turns out to be a new laptop since she will be off to college this fall.  Vic walks us out to the car, but just before Chris closes her door, I hear Vic say, "Have fun you two, but don't dally."

To which I replied (after the door was shut), "We don't dally, we only dilly."

And now we're going to Dillard's Department store to pick up Chris' paycheck (I couldn't make this up if I tried).

If a girl could pick the ultimate brother-in-law, or husband for her favorite sister, it is Vic.  I am so very happy those two found each other because they are truly happily married. 

At Dillard's I met a couple of my sister's co-worker's, Tamera and Toniesha.  Those two must have been really bored when we showed up, because within minutes they had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.  Frankly, if they are always like that, I wonder how Chris can get anything done when she's working.  Anyway, we depart, Chris with her paycheck and me with my sore cheeks.  Okay, so we did dilly dally at Dillard's.

On to Best Buy to pick up Beth's computer, then to a farm in Thompson to pick up the pig, Wal-Mart for a card, gift wrap, balloons, briquettes, and ice to keep the pig cold, and last but not least, the liquor store.  Interestingly enough, my sister lives in a 'dry' county.  I didn't know 'dry' counties still existed in the US.

Was is it about the south?  I've been in the south five times (the south being Virginia, Florida and Georgia) and when it rains, it always pours.  Buckets.  It's now about 2 o'clock and the sky is black.  We're about 20 minutes from the house when the skies just opened up.  The rain was so heavy, Chris had to slow down to 15 miles per hour and we still couldn't see the road.  The wind's blowing and it is just plain nasty.  The 20 minute trip is now approaching 1 hour and of course we realize we forgot something on the list and need to make another stop at the only grocery store in town...in the pouring rain.  So by the end of that errand we are both drenched to the skin.

We were starting to get worried about the rain affecting the ceremony.  If the ceremony had to be held indoors due to the rain, only two people per graduate would be allowed in.  Fortunately, the skies were blue by 5 o'clock and graduation was held outside, so everyone was able to be there for Beth.

 
Beth and I just before the ceremony.


Armed with her diploma, Beth poses with a very happy Dad and Mom.


Hugs for her Dad from the grad.


Back home later, Vic got out his bottle of Mezcal Tequila and the four of us finished off the bottle, with two shots a piece.  Vic took the worm.  Ewwwww!

Years ago I swore I would never touch this stuff again!  But I keep straying off that path, usually for good reason.  And a high school graduation toast is a fine and dandy reason to stray, I think.  :)

Next, laying sod and the pig roast (not at the same time). 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUK on the worm, but i'll try the tequila somtime   great pics of your family!  congrats to the grad!~kbear

Anonymous said...

YUK...tequila...and as for the worm......I saw a cousin of mine swallow it once...just horrible!  Great photos , they do look a lovely family.  Have yourself a great weekend:-)

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Oohh, Mezcal! There's a headache out there somewhere in my past brought on by a night of THAT stuff!   Great pictures, by the way, you Twins are still twins, LOL.


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

What part of Georgia were you in?  I can't wait to hear about the pig roast.  Funny, you don't SEEM different now thatyou are a twin, LOL!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Sam - Eastern, just outside of Augusta.  I've edited the entry a bit to include places.