Monday, June 20, 2005

On A Positive Note...

Smoke-free...7 months and counting.

Do I miss it?

Strangely, no.  I spent more than half my life smoking, and I don't miss it one bit.  I will confess I did break down during my visit to Chris & Vic's last month.  The night Beth graduated, after those shots of tequila I was feeling particularly bullet-proof (which tequila tends to do to me) so I conned my younger sister into giving me a cig.  Immediately, the smell, the taste, the bitterness, reminded me why I quit in the first place.  BLAH!  :::shiver:::  Once in a while I think about cigs, but that thought always evaporates from my mind.  Best yet, haven't gained a pound or even an ounce since I quit.  Quite the opposite, actually.  I lost 15 pounds.

Go figure.

P. S.  Speaking of Vic, did y'all know he dropped by and left me a comment?  :)  It's in the last Georgia entry.  I'm so lucky to have him for my brother!  Although I do think he needs to update his profile, as he retired from the military in 2003 (hint, hint).

AND

The radio station just announced the line up for this year's Hot August Nights, which takes place at the end of August.  Friday night, Lou Graham from Foreigner, and Saturday...drum roll please...the one and only Temptations.  Oh yeah!!!!  Last year it was Loverboy on Friday night (missed that one) and Saturday night Peter Noon of Herman's Hermits, who really put on a fantastic show, actually.  I was amazed and impressed.  An aging rocker he is not, at least not that night.  He was in fine form and quite a showman (but then, maybe I've been out of the entertainment loop for too long). ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing builds confidence and elevates self worth like kicking a bad habit!
CONGRATS TO YOU!......Savor this accomplishment...may it be just a stepping stone in climbing other hurdles!
....7 months?.....can an aquired taste for Tofu be far off?? LOL

Blessings   Marc :)

Anonymous said...

Marc, LOL!  If I can acquire a taste for tequila, tofu can't be too far off.

Anonymous said...

I am so very proud of you!! : )
keep the months coming....we are counting, you can do it!!!

Anonymous said...

7 months?!!! Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Seven months is fantastic!!  I tried earlier this year and didn't even last seven days!!  Good for you, you must feel so much better not smoking.  Ooh, I feel all inspired to give it another go myself ;o)  
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Well done for giving up....I gave up 28yrs ago and it was the best decision I ever made. Hubby gave up 18yrs ago and he felt so much better for it too. I often wonder how much we ever spent the dreaded weed!  :-)

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Man I have tried to quit numerous times and just cant seem to stay quit.  2 months here 1 week there.  Congrats on the not gaining weight from it I always gain 10-20 pounds.  That weekend things sounds fun I loved foreigner.  have fun.  Nicki