Thursday, June 16, 2005

She cracked it!

Wow!

Here I was, delighting in the pleasure of having all of you puzzling over the photo and reading all your guesses.  Relishing in the thought that no one would ever figure it out, and I could be smug with my little secret for at least a week.  That didn't last long because today someone nailed it.

And that someone is Gaye!  She put several guesses out there, and she got it right!  Behold, the subject of the Monday Photo Shoot, third car back. 

The photo in the prior entry was taken last April, during the Dogwood Festival at Lewis-Clark State College.  I snapped a closeup of the right front fender, with reflections of the college library windows on the right and the raised hood on the left.  This car had what car buffs call fat-i-tude, and reminded me a bit of Dad's 1946 Nash Coupe aka Lady in Red.

Here's another one, just for fun.  See, it's true what they say about black cars.  You can see every speck of dirt, dust, lint, hair, etc.!  If that red car had been as dirty as this black one, I think you all would have known what it is.

But, that is a mighty fine paint job, isn't it?  So deep, I can see my reflection in it (and that stupid flash, too).

Gaye, girlfriend, you got it goin' on!!!!!  Your first guess was right on.  They say your first instinct is always right, and you proved it today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I NEVER would have guessed that!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I would have never guessed that either.  Nicki

Anonymous said...

that's too funny, because i could tell it was a reflection - and thought maybe a red car from the color, but then decided the reflection was TOO clear to be off a car - shows you what i know!

Anonymous said...

LOL...

WOOHOOOOO I GOT IT RIGHT!! lol

Im proud of myself! and sorry I had to take the pleasure away from you...I know you were enjoying the fact that no one guessed what the photo was...

ahhh...but i still wonder where that heart came from...