Monday, June 27, 2005

They are out to get me!

They are!

I swear it.  Either that or I'm losing my mind...which is highly possible, all things considered lately.

Who are they?  Those pesky grammar gremlins who keep changing words in my journal, that's who.

A couple of seconds ago I was going back over a previous entry (the One Word entry), and I noticed I misspelled the word 'temptation' (I already corrected it so don't bother looking).  Now I know for a fact before I posted that entry, I spelled the word correctly.  See, I always go back and re-read/review my journal entries before I click on 'Save.'  Always.  At least two or three times...sometimes more.  I am a tweaker.  And I can't leave well enough alone, so I review my work.  Reviewing gives me the chance to edit, spell check, tweak, etc.  And I know I spelled temptation right the first time.  I know I did.  But, in the past month this is the second time that's happened and I'm starting to get a bit worried.

There's got to be a way to catch them.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you type it, they will come!  Seriously, if you ever find a way to trap these little critters let me know, they drive me crazy.  Hmm, not a long trip in my case, LOL!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Oh me too!  And don't you hate when your journal puts two words together when you know you typed them seperately?!  Or is that just me?  I did type them seperately didn't I?!  Well, when that happens, it won't let me correct it :o(
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

who are these critters/people?   whoever they are?   i'll be on the lookout for them   now i'm worried   ....take care~kbear

Anonymous said...

Sam-Oh I'll trap them all right!  Right between the pages of my handy dandy dictionary!  SMACK!

Sara-Yes!  I've noticed that too!  Why does that happen?  I hate that!

Kare-Keep your eyes open, cuz they are out there!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the journal gremlins......they DO exist purely to make life hard for us.   They want you to THINK that you`re losing your mind, they mis-spell words and even leave letters out.   They are just trouble!!!   lol!  ;-)

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Cyber gremlins - I know them well!!! They do the same thing to me!
Cathy
http://journals.aol.com/cathyterv/PictureWindow

Anonymous said...

Aren't Gremlins afraid of bright lights? LOL! Hope you catch them first!
~Deborah

Anonymous said...

Maybe you have a ghost hidden in here inside of these journal pages of yours..
a funny entry.
jo..Mistaculangel....

Anonymous said...

OY, that's scary!  Are you certain that you're the only one who's got access to this account?

Anonymous said...

Wait until they start messing with your fonts!  Ha!

Anonymous said...

Mary - They touch my fonts and that's it!  Changing words is one thing, but font fondling is where I draw the line.

Bleu/Lindi - Scary is right.  I didn't give anyone access, yet I feel a bit like 'Big Brother' is watching.

Jo - A ghost...oh, why not?  I seem to be attracting all kinds to me lately.

Deb - Gremlins, afraid of bright lights...hmmmmm.  Gives me an idea.

Cathy - I knew I wasn't the only one with this experience.

Sandra - Trouble is right...but at least I know I'm not losing my mind.

Anonymous said...

I dunno...those AOHell Demons can be pretty tricky....  I've had them duplicate words and remove entire letters....They are truly evil...

Anonymous said...

that happens to me too.  Dang Gremlins.  Nicki