Friday, January 27, 2006

Fun Fact #2

Did you know...?

My quiet little town is the place Walt Disney married his wife, Lillian.  It's true!  Their marriage took place on July 13, 1925 in Lewiston, Idaho.  Lillian was a local girl who attended school in Lapwai, just outside of Lewiston.  The couple met while she worked at Disney Studio.  That's just one of the little known facts (or secrets, depending on your viewpoint) about my quaint little town.  :)

And for all you doubting Thomas', the marriage record can be found on-line at the Western States Historical Marriage Record Index; click >here< to view it.

There's a new one for all you Disney buffs!

Photographs property of Walt Disney Company.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! We took our honeymoon to Disney Land!

Anonymous said...

Very cool little fact Dona!

Anonymous said...

No!
I didn't know that.

That's pretty neat.

Niki :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that; you are so close to me (I'm in Montana)

betty

Anonymous said...

ok Dona, i'm back!   i made a few new entries to my journal including your tag   just for the favor i tagged you back on another game:-)~kbear
http://journals.aol.com/Karebear4x4/kbearsheart/

Anonymous said...

Ahh...  I didn't know that!  Pretty interesting info.
http://boiseladie.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Being that I live an hour from Orlando and Magic Kingdom I should know this.  I did watch a documentary once on Walt Disney and think it may have mentioned this!  What a great piece of history to share!  Hugs,
Lisa

http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/