Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The return of brain farts...

Aw man!  I was doing so good.  Seems my brain is already on vacation.

Today I wanted to ask the secretary if the new phone books had been delivered (remember that scene in 'The Jerk' when Steve Martin gets sooooo excited about the new phone books).  No, that wasn't me today...I just remembered that and wanted to share that thought.

Anyways...

I walk downstairs to ask her and get way-layed by an employee who has a question about our medical benefits.  Several questions and two minutes later I have continued on my merry way when I spot the secretary in the hallway.

"Hey, Julie, did the..."

Julie walks toward me, head cocked, waiting for me to continue.

Silence.

She waits.

 

More silence.

Damn!

Julie asks, "Did the what?"

 

 

 

"Hold on, I'm thinking,"

 

 

"Forget something?" she askes.

I smirk and nod my head.

She laughs.  "Well, I'm glad  someone else has that problem."

 

GAWD!  What was I going to ask her?

 

 

 

 

She's still laughing.  And waiting.

 

And then it hits me.  OH YEAH!  Now I remember.  Phone books!

 

Getting older sucks!

 

Worse thing about it is, when I was 20 something I (and a friend) often referred to older folks as fossils.  Hey, we were young.  Sure, we knew the day would come when we'd reach that age.  Back then, it seems sooooo far off in the distance.  Time sure flies.

Time it seems has caught up with me.  I am officially a fossil.

A fossil with brain farts.

Yipee.

 

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL....please kindly welcome me into that Fossil Club!
Gem :-)
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours

Anonymous said...

You know, if I were you I'd cut back on the beans!
;)
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage

Anonymous said...

I was gonna say something really funny here but I just farted...my brain farted that is.  LOL!   Still love ya Mag...farts and all.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is too funny and so ME!!  Are you sure we aren't twins?  I remember... like nothing.  LOL.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Dona,
Wow, been there for sure!  I'm good for the times when you run downstairs to put the laundry in the dryer but on the way down you hang up a jacket, throw away junk mail, grab a water, tell your son to tie his shoes then head downstairs only to stand there TOTALLY dumb founded and think "what the heck am I doing down here again?"   So you run back upstairs only to then remember..and head back down....good workout for the thighs....NOT!
Diane  

Anonymous said...

I don't blame it on getting older dear, just that I have so much on my plate my brain is working overtime - works for me, have a good day.....AJ