- torn down the lower portion of our 25+ year old deck
- built the lower portion of the new deck
- went camping at Winchester Lake with a group of friends
- been to a couple of bar-be-ques and several dinners out with friends
- attended two Pampered Chef parties (and somehow I agreed to host one in August!)
- gone to a demolition derby
- planted 100 tree seedlings
- cleaned out and organized the garage (ugh, that was a dirty, nasty job)
Whew!! I'm tired and it's only June!!! During all that I've been able to snap a few pics of several different birds, as they just seem to be making themselves known to me, no matter where I go. Now, if I could just get one awesome pic of that elusive Great Blue Heron!!! All the following photos are linked to my Flickr photo page; for greater detail click on the photo then click on the 'All Sizes' option located right above the photo.
The pics really aren't all that good and I do need to clean these up a bit, but I really need to get ready for our vacation...more.
A robin hanging out on a peach tree in the Christmas tree farm.
Same robin, backside
Family swim on Winchester Lake
An eagle or osprey hits the lake for a mid-morning snack.
Perched atop a pine tree, the raptor takes a rest after a busy morning of fishing. I still think I need a really good zoom lens!
A kestrel stops by our home for a brief visit.
Kestrel, back view. Taken with digital zoom so it looks really sloppy. :(
Counting down the days until vacation, which got postponed until Tuesday afternoon by a problem at Sam's workplace; at least this time it wasn't my job that interfered with our plans!!! Had things gone as planned, we'd be in central Idaho right now. Ah well, life is change.
Speaking of which, if I don't have the time to make another entry before our departure Tuesday afternoon, here's a little something I found quite funny and entertaining. :) I'm still laughing. :o
The Evolution of Dance <------click