Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Ideas from elsewhere

"All day I think about it, then at night I say it.

Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing?

I have no idea.

My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there."

    ---Rumi

Bolman, Lee G., & Deal, Terrence E.  (1994).   Leading with soul: an uncommon journey of spirit.   San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers.

One of the best damn leadership books I ever read.  I wonder if any of those 14k gold Ivy League colleges ever heard of it.  Soul.  It's out there, we've all heard of it, and yet...it seems so strange to everyday people.  Leading...with soul.

There are days when I feel like a deep well in shallow ground. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for the signs of some soul in our society of late. I think I just found some.

Thank you

Anonymous said...

Aww!  Thank you for sharing!  You must be so busy with the Christmas tree farm!  And, I'm sure you got some of that magical snow, we did here.
http://boiseladie.blogspot.com/