Sunday, December 17, 2017

Black pepper cookies...who'd have thunk?

Do you ever collect recipes, thinking to yourself, "Oh, I HAVE to try this!" You save the recipe and there it sits, in your recipe box, or book, or Pinterest board. The problem with those recipes, if you didn't try it beforehand, is you didn't try it beforehand so you have no idea how it will turn out. Time marches on. Then one day, you see that recipe you had to have so long ago and finally decide today is the day. And when you do, one of two things will happen; it will either take you totally by surprise and be shockingly, mouth watering, yumminess. Or it will be a total flop. 

Those are the kind of recipes I tend to collect. And this is one that I've had for at least fifteen years, if not longer. I know this because it's a Marlboro Country Store recipe, that likely came from a carton of cigarettes I purchased before I quit in 2004.

While sorting through Christmas cookie recipes this month, I came across this recipe as I do every year. This time, I decided to give it a try.

Who knew black pepper works so well in a cookie? It does, and these are amazingly good. Everyone who tries them, wants more. They remind me of a ginger snap cookie, with just a hint of warmth from the black pepper.

Surprise.

File this under, you just never know...

No comments: