Saturday, May 28, 2005

Easy - Week #7

Oh, I'm really behind on my Easy Like Sunday morning entry this week.  But, I do have a legitimate reason, and I know Kelly will cut me some slack.  :)  This week, Kelly wants to know-

Tell me......

"What is your favorite way to spend a rainy day?"

Rainy days and Mondays...the chorus from one of my favorite songs by the Carpenter's.  But, rainy days don't get me down.  I love the rain, I love the feel of it on my skin, the sound of it in my ears and the smell of it filling my senses.  If it's raining, and I'm not at work, odds are you will find me at home, either sitting outside on the porch or inside by a window, looking out.  For me, there is something soothing about being outside in the rain...unless it's a thunderstorm.  In that case you will find me indoors, sitting by a window, curled up somewhere with a hot cup of coffee or cocoa, gazing through the glass with my head resting against the pane.  No book, no magazine, no television...no other visual distraction.  Music may or may not be playing in the background; sometimes I just prefer the quiet music of the rain.

And yes, I can spend hours doing just that.  It's Mother Nature's way of telling me I need to invest time in myself...to relax...to recharge...to reflect.  And sometimes, as I'm gazing through the glass I can see myself dancing...side by side with Fred Astaire through the puddles, with our umbrellas, and rain soaked smiles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm  sounds wonderful...i like curling up to a book on rainy days   if it's really cold lite a fire too   with a nice cup of coffee and chillin for the day   summer rainy days, i leave the door open so i can smell that fresh rainy scent and it's coolness in the breeze....~kbear

Anonymous said...

I like rainy days too, I like being out in the rain, but only if I'm not on my way somewhere!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

and not one mention of your computer, wow you're brave!

Anonymous said...

Sleeping and watching movies.  Nicki