Sunday, January 15, 2006

Parting Shots


So....did you miss me?  Did you even notice I've been a bit invisible this past month? LOL!  My buddy Robin did  :) .  I've been having some not so great side-effects from medication...excessive drowsiness.  By two each afternoon all I want to do is take a nap and once I get home from work, I crash.  So my doc switched me over to Cymbalta last week; we'll see if that works better.
 

Gosh, where did the last month go?  It seems I was just writing about the
tree farm and now it's mid-January.  That was an experience!  I learned so much between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Owning a tree farm is 11 months of doing very little and 1 month of working your butt off!  And, people will steal anything, including a Christmas tree, in broad daylight!  I could not believe it when I noticed the tree missing after work one afternoon; it was perfectly shaped and I had it picked out for one of the girls.  We even had a guy who wanted a potted tree this year so he dug through about 2 feet of frozen rock hard ground to get his tree home.  I doubt the tree will survive being uprooted in 15 degree weather, and we advised him of that, but he didn't seem to care.  Oh well!  All in all, we sold 90 trees and gave away another 7 or 8.  So, come this spring we'll be busy planting many seedlings!  We estimated there were about 500 trees before the season began, and the horizon sure has changed since November.


Missy (aka Mongrel) and Liberty (aka Libby)

Our weekend get away to the cabin was a much needed break.  We had two additional dogs that week, Missy and Liberty, as Kari was away on a ski trip.  We took them for long walks each morning after breakfast and gave them the chance to really stretch their legs.  They loved it.  The snowfall this year is down from previous years.  Normally, we have at least two feet at the cabin and have to duck our head when stepping onto the porch.   It did snow at night, but between the morning sun and the afternoon rain the snow didn't last.  I took lots of pics, and will let them take it from here.

   
Move over Crown Royal...you have been de-throned; Pendleton puts the o-o-o-o-o back in smooth.  -*-   Frosty morning walk.

   
 Dinner...love that shrimp; really spicy hot, but oh so good!   -*-   A view out the dining room window with a bit of snow hanging off the roof. 


Me and my wheeler after a very slushy ride.



A moment from one of our morning walks.

 

~~Sssshhhhh,
Can you hear?
The
wind
is telling its secrets.
The seed is singing with hope.
The birds and insects are talking to you.
You will never be the same.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did miss you! I can't believe anyone would steal a Christmas tree, but then again, the owner of the Bible bookstore here says that the most popular item that gets stolen there is the bracelet that says "What Would Jesus Do." So go figure.

Great pictures!

Cymbalta is supposed to be a good medicine; hope it does the trick for you.

betty
http://journals.aol.com/lv2trnscrb/Ofmini-pawsandmenopause

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures!!!!! Welcome back buddy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dona, nice to have you back!   Smashing photos too, I`m glad you had a good time at the cabin, look at that lovely snow, we hardly ever see it here!  Who would want to STEAL a christmas tree?  Unbelievable!  I hope you`re new medications works well for you. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I love the pics, what med made you sleepy? I am having the same problem.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots! The dogs are wonderful.

Nice to get a little insight into what goes on with a tree farm, and I really do believe that everything out there is potentially stolen merchandise, even in broad daylight. Makes you wonder about people...


Good to see you back. I need to keep better track of you, LOL!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!!! Looked like you had a good time!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful snow scenes~
Marie
http://photographsmemoriestoo.blogspot.com/
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariebm56/PhotographsMemoriesToo

Anonymous said...

The pictures are gorgous especially the ones of the tree's..the snow and the sun just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

God Bless
Christy