Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Can't Sleep

Rascal Flatts :Me and My Gang :'What Hurts the Most'

Outside my window the coyotes are yipping up a storm.  We live smack dab in the middle of the city and yet share the neighborhood with coyotes, pheasant, deer, rabbits, hawks, skunks, raccoons, turkeys and even a golden eagle.  Ah yes, life in the city.

I'm tired...physically and emotionally...drained.  Vacation is a couple of weeks away but not soon enough; Sam and I are taking one week off and heading south with friends and our RV trailers.  I haven't had two weeks off since 1998; tried once in 2003 but had to cut it short and return to the office to handle a problem.  My workplace has me giving serious consideration to the idea of looking elsewhere for employment...more of the same and its never good; Sam would like nothing better than for me to go somewhere else as he's been wanting me to quit for the past seven years.  Last week my boss announced she's resigning as she accepted a different job, no real surprise since everyone knew she was looking.  She always told me her goal was to leave the company before I did; looks like she reached that goal. 

Blah, blah, enough about that.  It's boring, but the bottom line is my mind is preoccupied on many things and I'm lacking inspiration to write, either in my journal or comments in others.  It seens I've lost my muse; temporarily I hope, but each time I sit down to write my thoughts slide away from me, evaporating into recesses of my mind where daily thoughts once flowed with life.  Feeling numb and untouchable...outside myself and yet living within something all too familiar.  Went off the cymbalta a couple of months ago when I started feeling vibrating sensations every time I moved.  It was a little too scary so I told the doc no more medication.

I've taken lots of photos the past few weeks but have little time to post them or upload them to Flickr.  This is a busy time of the year for us and good luck finding us home on weekends, which is why I haven't done an Easy Sunday entry...I'm just not home to do it.

I've been up long enough and need to get some sleep.  Tomorrow's not a day to be dragging, as always I need to be bright and alert, whether I feel that way or not.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dona
Sometimes life happenings dictate that we just step away from our journal for a little time to attend to, well... life. It sounds like the week's vacation can't come fast enough for you, which is certainly understandable.  I hope you get a chance to find some peace and once again center yourself during this time off.  Have fun while you're gone and let those internal batteries recharge.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Dona I hope you truly enjoy your vacation. As far as the job front, I will definately pray for God's will there. If there's a reason he wants you to stay or go I pray he makes it clear to you.
I think we all have these moments where writing and commenting in our own journals and others is just not going to happen. We need those down times where we can just be silent.

((((((((Dona))))))))))

God Bless

Anonymous said...

Wow you live in a city and are neighbors with all those critters? Cool.  Sorry you can't sleep, perhaps your vacation will recharge your batteries.  Hope you got enough rest to bluff being bright eyed and bushy tailed.
Barb

Anonymous said...

I completely know what you mean about needing a vacation!  We need it big time!  It's been 4 years since our last vacation (to Charleston and Savannah before Vic went to Qatar for 2 months) and we are way over due.  That's why I told Vic we're going to Orlando to play for a few days and then head north to St. Augustine for a few days.  I'm so excited!

Have a great time on your trek south in your RV trailers.  There's nothing like leaving it all behind for a week.  

Love ya!

Your sis,

Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Dona,  You really sound as you you need your time away from it all.  A holiday like that would be my idea of bliss, I love the countryside.  Mind you, it seems as though the countryside has sent all it`s animals to live alongside you city dwellers...lol! :o)

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Yep you need a vacation!   i just had mine and am still anxious to hit the road    summer is here and it's PLAY time!   do all you can this summer   we'll be here waiting for you:-)~kbear