Tuesday, November 7, 2006

M. O. M. (My Own Mem)

Ten years ago I toyed with the idea writing a book about my mom, and in honor of her quirky sense of humor I thought about using a play on words and calling it M. E. M's (Mom's Eternal Memories).   The idea being that her ideas, thoughts and persona would be brought out through me.  Mom was really into the whole play on words thing.

It was just an idea, I had, that never saw the light of day.

Ten years later the word meme has come up again, in a different way, and has really taken off.  Memes are quite common place, turning up everywhere, everyday.  I find the whole thing rather amusing, really.

Meme as defined by Wikipedia

Thanks to Charley for reminding me.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be lovely to write a book about your mother.  I hope you get to do that.  I think I could write quite a story about mine.  LOL.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Great idea..could be very helpful to you ANd a nice way to honor her as well!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, writing about your mom.  I bet once you start, you'll be at it until you decide you're done.
http://boiseladie.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

very interesting about the word memes!  Hope all is well!