Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Of dreams realized and silent songs

This is me making good on a promise I made last week to my sister.  I wanted to share her fantastic news but got waylaid in another direction (something about a chainsaw Christmas).  So without furter ado....I have exciting news to share about my sister Chris in Georgia.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris
To: Dad; Dona; Lyn
Sent: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 9:43 AM
Subject: class update
Hi!

 
I passed the class!  I passed the [real estate license] class!  I got an 82% on my final last night and I passed the first time!  When he handed me my exam results and I saw the "wrong answers 28, score 82%", I had to look at the name to see if it was my name.  It was my name!  I about fell over and had to keep looking at it.  That test was so hard!  About half way thru I told myself I could come back next week and take it again.  But, the whole weekend I kept positive about it all and studied studied studied.  I didn't touch my books Monday at all, I just let it all absorb and it worked!  After the shock of passing subsided enough for me to walk, I ran out to my car and called Vic.  He was so happy!  I had to sit there and talk to him for a few minutes while I calmed down enough to drive.  I was so happy and so shocked that I just broke down and cried.  It was such a weight lifted off my shoulders.  Now, I take the state exam in Atlanta.  That should be within the next week.  This afternoon, I'll register for that online.  I have to give Beth (the lady who puts all the info into the computer) enough time to get it all recorded to AMP.  Out of 29 people who took the test last night, only 8 people passed and I was one of them!   Vic will be coming with me for that.  I don't want to stay in Atlanta by myself.  We'll drive up the night before since the test is in the morning. 
 
Take care.  I just wanted to share my excitement with you.
 
Love ya,
 
Chris
 
Yeah, she was just a wee bit excited.  :)   I should mention she's been a SAHM/military wife for the last fifteen years and is just returning to the workforce.  And yes, she passed the State Exam, too!!!  ^5 Chris, that's a major accomplishment and I am so very proud of you.  You my dear sister, can do anything you set your mind to...and yeah, in many ways you are just like me ;).   Here's to all your future successful closings.  I think I'm going to like having a licensed real estate agent in the family!!!!
 
Now, a bit of a favor to ask.  Jimmy (StupidSheetGuy) was kind and generous enough to host and upload a Christmas song for me so I have music playing in the background of my journal.  Problem is, I can't hear it.  He can, I can't.  I've gone to seven different computers, three with AOL and four without, opened my journal and waited up to five minutes...listening...to the sounds of silence.  From every angle I've approached this, wanting so badly to hear the opening chords eminating from the speakers.  I'm so bummed.  :(  Can anyone hear 'I Believe in Father Christmas' by Emerson, Lake and Palmer playing when they open my journal?  It will take a minute or two for the song to load.  Someone...anyone?
 

All I want for Christmas is my favorite Christmas song to play in my journal.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate to tell ya....but I hear ... nothing :(

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your sis.  Sorry. I don't hear a thing.  
Barb  

Anonymous said...

lol don't be too discouraged with the results of this entry...if folks are reading it off alerts, they won't be on the page where the music is, lol. It has to be on the main page of your journal!

Anonymous said...

Yup...I can hear it!  But Jimmy is right...I've seen this on others' journals as well.   Unless people click on "Back to Journal" once they get here from their alerts, they will be hearing "The Sounds of Silence".    Stinky, huh?

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sorry Dona, your music didn`t play for me.  Many congrats to your sister for passing her exam. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo Dona, it`s just started to play now as I was going to close your journal! :o)))))

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Chris!  I've always wanted to be in real estate, never found the time to do it.  I could feel Chris' excitement in her not to you!  
http://boiseladie.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your Sis!   Way to go!   and yes i heard the song   it took awhile before playing, but it's beautiful!~kbear

Anonymous said...

Hi Dona,

Thank You!  That was a huge accomplishment for me and I'm so proud of myself for sticking it out.  Vic is like a proud father!  He's telling everyone!  

I didn't hear the music :(  

Love ya,

Your sis,

Chris

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!! congrats to ur sister :]  And no I cant hear the song either! :(