Friday, January 28, 2005

Good Vibrations

Clearwater River, shrouded in fog, on my way to the office. (c) 2005 Dona L. Cox 

The day started off like any other, and pretty much stayed that way.  Except maybe for the fog.  Had the entire upstairs all to myself, all day.  David, the Port Manager, is rarely in the office these days.  And if I was worried about playing my music too loud, well, that should not be a problem.  David, it seems, likes his music loud...the other day the walls were vibrating!!!  Don't know what I was worried about.  I'm still keeping my fingers crossed to keep my office upstairs.  I really enjoy the quiet, even though I'm so far removed from the rest of the staff.  After spending six years in the reception area and hearing everything everyone said, I'm just not missing it.

I think the cloud in this photo looks like an angel, turned away, with its knees drawn up. (c) 2005 Dona L. Cox

Kari no longer works at the local animal shelter, she enrolled in college this semester...which she has done before; however, this time she's older, wiser, and now realizes Amy and I are right about getting an education.  Not just a piece of paper, but an education.  The real deal.  The DJs at KATW must really miss her.  Every time the new gal comes in, somehow Kari's name gets brought into the conversation.  I miss not hearing Kari every Thursday morning, even though she did stop by the station a couple of weeks ago.  The guys really got a kick out of that.  And at home, at times it seems strangely quiet in this house, most days I expect to hear either Amy or Kari walk through the front door.  But, they have their own lives now.   

Photo

where the angel cloud came from.  Love the sky, but all the wires really mess up the shot.  19th Avenue at dusk, heading west toward Clarkston (c) 2005 Dona L. Cox

We go out to dinner every Friday night, and tonight I saw Angela, the daughter of my old pool shooting partner, Diane.  She always recognizes me, flashes me a huge smile and waves.  She works at a local restaurant, following in the footsteps of her mother it seems.  Everytime I see her, I think about her and her twin Danielle as toddlers with their red hair, plaid shirts and blue overalls.  God they were so cute at that age!!!  Seems like just yesterday I was helping Diane with feeding, diapers, and just holding them when they were newborns.  Now the twins are 25, Kari's age.

Oh brother, I'm tripping down memory lane again!!!!

 

Graphics by Mary Englebreit

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep! I see the angel...she looks a little busty though. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love your angel-cloud picture...eerie but in a wonderful way...Kind of reassuring huh?

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is reassuring.  Funny thing, I didn't notice the angel cloud when I took the picture.  I just stuck it out of my sun roof and snaped the shutter.  :)