Thursday, January 20, 2005

3...2...1...Meltdown

It was bound to happen sooner or later, and today was the day.  I had a meltdown...at work.  The worse possible place at the worse possible time.  It started yesterday and just spiraled downwards from there.  Thoughts of quitting entered my mind a couple of times...just walking out and saying 'Screw it...I don't deserve this and I certainly don't need it!'   But they are just thoughts.  Not my actions.

It was while I was talking to my boss, trying to sort everything out, that I broke down.  She said, "I know you are feeling under-valued right now,"...her words must have struck a chord.  For a few moments I lost my grip.  I know what my problem is, I feel I can't depend on anyone, because they usually let me down.  The times I have reached out, I met disappointment, so I stopped reaching.  I became an island.  I became flexible in a rigid world.  And now my emotions, my body, my mind, my psyche are paying the price.

So, I'm taking tomorrow off.  To mend, to heal, to reflect.  To unbend.   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I hope everything goes well for you. You know maybe if you had some hobby to take your mind off of the days stress will help you feel better. I see you like photography and it seems like the scenery around where you live is beautiful! You could also do Yoga or some kind of stress-relieving exercise. Just slow down! lol. I hope you the best....
                                    ..::Gaye::..

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, mental health days are more important than sick days.   Love your journal!

Anonymous said...

so sorry about your day Magster! I had a BAD night....just needed time alone...like you need tomorrow. Hang in the girlfriend. I am here if you need me! We just can't both get in a funk at the same time or we are gonna need a LOT of ice cream. xoxo Robin