Monday, April 25, 2005

Happy 15th Hubble

Today marks the 15th anniversay of the Hubble Space Telescope's launch -- and that being the case, John Scalzi thought we'd do something special for the Monday Photo Shoot:

The Monday Photo Shoot: Show off your favorite Hubble Space Telescope image. Tell us why you love it.

Crucible of Creation: Panoramic Hubble Mosaic Zooms in on Maelstrom of Star Birth (photo by NASA)

So, why do I like this photo?  First, there is the combination of the brown and blue tones.  Yes, it resembles clouds and most of you know how I feel about clouds.  ;-)  But, it is the visual image in the center that drew me in...there is this "what do you see?" quality about it.  In it I see many things, a dog's face, an angel taking flight, a man standing...or I just have an overactive imagination.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I see a big giant arm, a huge face with wavy hair, and, is that a monkey?!  Definately see why you like this pic :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

OOOOHHHHH, AAAAAHHHH - looking at all these pictures is better then a fireworks display!

Anonymous said...

I definitely see the angel taking flight.   wonderful photo!~kbear

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing what we each see in the same picture.  Me I always see faces.  Here there everywhere.  I might see a face point it out and someone will point yet another face out in the face I saw or right next to it.  They might not see that one I saw at all but another.  Imagination it is said is more valuable then a high IQ and yet because you have a vivid imagination does not say you don't have a high IQ.  Art is after all not valued by some and yet valued by others who will pay millions of dollars for it.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry

http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa/PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

I learned something new today thank you,  Nicki

Anonymous said...

the light in the center definately reminds me of an angel for some reason

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com