Sunday, April 17, 2005

Little Allie Mac

Looking back, at some time in my life I must have asked for a shadow.  A four legged shadow to follow me...everywhere.  Upstairs.  My craft room.  The living room.  The kitchen.  Outside.  Downstairs.  The family room.  And yes, even the bathroom.

I don't remember making this request. 

But she's mine.  All mine.  Heart and soul.

Allie came to me in a round about way.  Kari's former boyfriend had a lab mix female he bred to a registered lab male (yes, the guy was one of those, but I did say former boyfriend).  Kari brought Allie to us when she was six weeks old, with the hope we would adopt her.  We told Kari no.  At that time, Sam and I were not ready to bring another dog into our lives.  With hectic work schedules, we didn't think having another dog would be a good idea.  But we could not deny the feeling that Rumbeau was lonely all by himself during the week.   Then, Kari moved back home, and Allie came with her.  Many months later, when Kari moved out again, Allie stayed.  And she's been mine ever since.

Sam often comments how Allie is 'so in love with you.'  He's right.  It's written all over her face.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww!  She is so sweet!  Sounds like the love is a two-way street!

Anonymous said...

i have 3 of those shadows :-)  i take a shower and open the curtain and there are 6 eyes all laying on the floor staring at me! when i cook i have to do some major tip toeing so i dont step on one of those 6 eyes staring hoping for some food to drop...even while at my computer all 3 of them are sound asleep right under my feet...oh, but i love those 6 eyes, 6 legs, 3 shadows...they keep me company while everyone is at school and work...i wouldnt trade them for nothing in the world :-) hope u have a wonderful sunday...

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

Hi Thanks for visiting my journal... It's very nice here at yours too. Have a great week! Linda

Anonymous said...

Ooooh Dona,  You know how I love labs.  She is so adorable, my Jake would love her!   Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

I love my animals I don't know what I would do without them.  I can see that you are the same way.  Nicki

Anonymous said...

I have two dogs too. I recently went back to work because my kids are in their teens. I forgot about the other two babies and I feel guilty for leaving them home. Just lurking and I read your request about leaving a comment, so here goes... I like your journal.  I am putting you on my alerts.

Anonymous said...

Awww, I want an Allie Mac!!  She's gorgeous :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

She looks like my Mo.  Lab or Lab mix they are such sweet special dogs.  Of course we have Lacy now too (golden retreiver) and when my husbans working nights they follow me every too.  Dogs, got to love them, they give such unconditional love expecting really nothing back.  Did your every spell dog backwards.  Try it.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

Awesome!   I've been out of touch for a few days, but I LOVE THIS entry!  LOL   It's awesome to know i'm not the only one followed everywhere including the bathroom by fourleggeds.   I wouldn't have it any other way either!   Yeah Allie!~kbear