Monday, November 15, 2004

Monday's Gone Mild (or should that be "Mellow")

Today work was...interesting.  This time of year is always a crunch time for me, between the fiscal year-end process, the annual audit, and the day to day stuff, I'm working in overdrive.  Especially since I just started an accounting system conversion on top of it all.  This is the fourth one I've done in my career, and running dual systems equates to twice the work load.  Everything done on the old system has to be duplicated on the new system...that is...after the new system is set-up.   Somedays, I'm just amazed that I get anything done.  But so far the auditor is happy, and when the auditor is happy, everybody is happy (me, my boss, the Board members, and all the granting agencies).  However, it's not time to dance yet, and it won't be until the auditor presents his report at the annual Board meeting in mid-January.  So for the next two months I'll have my nose to the grind stone every day.  Call it...job security.

Didn't get much sleep last night.  I think I finally dozed off around 2:30 a.m.  Seems my mind was not ready to call it a day...too much going on inside.  But, I'm not complaining, and I'm really not all that tired, either, for some reason.  This time of year I'm ususally pretty stressed out, but right now, I feel relaxed...comfortable.  I like this feeling, and I'm really enjoying it.  Every minute of it. :)

No comments: