Friday, October 23, 2020

Slim down your screen time

 STRESS BUSTERS


October 15: Slim Down Your Screen Time

A growing body of evidence links screen time to increased stress, anxiety, and depression. While there is nothing wrong with watching your favorite Netflix series, texting on your phone, or playing games on your tablet, most of us could benefit from slimming down our screen time. The benefits of cutting back include improved mood, better sleep, and more time for other activities. Determine how much time you spend in front of a screen and identify what is necessary and what could be slimmed down.


Set a Screen Time Boundary

Establish a personal boundary to reduce your screen time over the next few days. You may want to limit social media use to 30 minutes, establish a cutoff time for reading the news before bed, or temporarily delete certain apps from your phone. Decide what will be a meaningful boundary for your life and notice any changes you experience.  



Five Tips for Reducing Screen Time / How to Reduce Screen Time in the Digital Age



On a personal note, I took digital detox steps last spring (shortly after the Covid-19 pandemic hit America). I removed FaceBook from my mobile phone, and only occasionally logon via a web browser...maybe twice a month. It was the best decision I made this year and I can report a remarkable, positive improvement in my attitude and stress. I don't miss FaceBook; while I do have Pinterest and You Tube, I utilize them as tools for crafting, and general entertainment (read as watching baby animal videos). 😊

No comments: